Monday, September 1, 2008

Content Thief

Content theft, copy right infringement and plagiarism are things that must be dealt in politics as well. These acts will violate the international laws that protect the intellectual property and copy rights.

Recently in US politics Barack Obama was accused of plagiarizing from his friend. Similarly McCain was accused of plagiarizing from Wikipedia. Now the Vice Presidential candidate, Joe Biden’s plagiarism controversy is in the air.

Similarly, in the new found politics of Maldives I have come to know a person who has announced himself to compete in the upcoming parliamentary election for Noonu Atoll Velidhoo, Foddhoo and Holhudhoo constituency has plagiarized my sms content to him. Here is what I wrote in my sms to him and I send this sms to only him:

‘For someone who can trust, defend the rights of the people, to continue reform movement, n for people to own the wealth of the nation for its development in health, education, social justice. – ibrahim m fulhu 4 noonu atoll.’

Then he copied the same content in his name and circulated becoming a thief who stole my content. I wonder what verdict would this thief who happened to be a magistrate would pronounce.

No comments: